Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Baby Steps



Today, while I was waiting for a prescription at Walgreen's I came across this little book called, Baby Steps- A little handbook for happy parenting by Dee Ann Stewart.The cover was cute so of course I picked it up and began to read. Then, because of the impulsive shopper I am, I bought it! And now I think I will share some of the "rules" in the book that Lucy and I have conquered or at least have tried to.


Rule #1- "Don't base your parenting skills on your ability to keep a hat on your child."




Rule #3- Yes, the baby will dress better than you for awhile. Try not to be jealous.



Rule #8- A baby's desire to be naked is only an issue if it lasts into her teens.


Rule #32- Grandmas are great babysitters, and they're less likely to sneak boys over.

Of course there are many more I would love to share but perhaps they would be a good topic for another post in the future. Everyday with this wonderful girl is a learning experience for the both of us. I'm sure she understands though, she knows this is Mommy's first time for of a lot of things!











No comments:

Post a Comment